August 10, 2016
So let’s take a breath and take a fresh look at your marketing efforts. Hopefully, you’ve gained some insight from our blogs as we continue to share tips and ideas on how to successfully reach and share engaging information with your current customers and new prospects. The institutional term for this strategy is Content Marketing but at a+h, we simply call it Storytelling. Because, let’s face it, every successful business is based on a good story.
But, even though sharing your story sounds like a simple idea, structuring the plan of execution, determining the objectives, and the actual creation of the story can be a big challenge.
So what makes a good story? The key is to provide relevant information that resonates with your audience. Here are 10 types of story directions that appeal to customers:
1. Stories that appeal to our emotions - make us smile, laugh, or even cry
2. Stories that address a point of pain or fear.
3. Stories that educate in an entertaining way.
4. Stories that make us curious to learn more.
5. Stories that take us through a life journey.
6. Stories that share or reveal secrets.
7. Stories that inspire us to respond.
8. Stories that appeal to a want or need.
9. Stories that remind us of a good experience.
10. Stories that have a happy ending.
These are just a few examples of general subject matters that make up a good story that starts with a bang and then continues with ongoing chapters of content that continue to engage your diverse groups of audiences throughout their specific customer journeys.
“We all have a life story and a message that can inspire others to live a better life or run a better business. Why not use that story and message to serve others and grow a real business doing it?" - Brendon Burchard